From: Lloyd D Budd <linux@×××××××××××.org>
To: Dominik Westner <lists@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Porting portage to Darwin/OSX
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:17:29
1 Hello Dominik,
2
3 You don't like Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/)?
4
5 Cheers,
6 Lloyd
9 ----- Original Message -----
10 From: "Dominik Westner" <lists@×××××××××××.com>
11 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
12 Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 1:09 AM
13 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Porting portage to Darwin/OSX
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > as I am a very happy user of Gentoo for my servers I would love to have
19 > the portage part also for my preferred client os, which is Mac OS X.
20 >
21 > I was wondering how hard it would be to port portage to another os. As
22 > far as I understood portage is mostly python and bash scripts.
23 > I have not looked at the sources of portage and the various utilities.
24 > So if anybody has some hints on how to get started I'd very much
25 > appreciate it.
26 >
27 > Thanks
28 >