From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 01:20:16
1 mail@×××××××××××.eu wrote:
2 > *daemons/applications that crashed:
3 > dbus
4 > powersaved -> KPowersave
5 > Networkmanager -> KNetworkmanager
6 >
7 > Also, the new hald didn't want to start, because dbus had crashed because of
8 > the auto-hald-reload.
9 >
10 > So we need to prevent this before it goes stable:
11 >
12 > a) print out a big fat warning before doing the update / make the update
13 > interactive, so we make sure, the user knows about the dangers
14 >
15 > b) find a way, to postpone the reload until the next reboot / disable
16 > auto-reloading for the currently running session
17 >
18 > This were the only problems I could find so far.
19 > What I really liked about the update: didn't have to re-emerge
20 > (revdep-rebuild) a single package.. ;-)
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 >
24 > Elias P.
25
26 Odd that dbus would crash/restart - hald uses dbus, not the other way
27 around - however, dbus should be restarted to read the new (possibly)
28 hald.conf - the real fix would be for the apps that use hal to NOT bomb
29 when hal is yanked out from under them. Glad it was fairly painless for
30 you.
31
32 And it is good to know that some people are using KNetworkManager - I
33 don't have a machine currently with KDE installed (my KDE machine died)
34 and so I haven't tested it at all recently.
35
36 -- Steev
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list