From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Luke Maurer <maurerl@××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why no local mask override? (PS)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:11:08
1 begin quote
2 On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:51:09 -0500
3 Luke Maurer <maurerl@××××××××.edu> wrote:
4
5 <SNIP>
6 >>But I couldn't find mention of this in
7 > the changelog; shouldn't this be more well-known? It would make for
8 > far easier answers to all those "how to unmask such-and-such" posts.
11 well.. it is in the changelog...
12
13 from my /usr/share/doc/portage-2.0.36/ChangeLog.gz
14
15 28 Aug 2002; Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> emerge: emerging
16 .tbz2
17 packages and .ebuilds by name now works; this was broken in 2.0.30.
18
19 perhaps you were looking at the -packages- ChangeLog and not at the
20 Programs ChangeLog?
23 > P.S. I really don't mean to be a curmudgeon; this is merely a pet
24 > peeve. Gentoo rocks.
27 No problem, fixing peevees is what makes a distro smooth and polished
28
29 //Spider
30 --
31 begin .signature
32 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
34 end