From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.28 stabilization
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 17:54:18
1 Hi all,
2
3 it's that time again, glibc-2.28 will go stable soon. As a developer, if you
4 haven't updated your box already anyway, feel free to do so and start testing.
5
6 You need
7
8 =sys-libs/glibc-2.28-r5
9 =net-dns/libidn2-2.1.1a
10
11 If you encounter serious problems, please make them block bug 674126.
12
13 Known issues:
14
15 * https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain#glibc-2.28
16 Things listed here should essentially be fixed in the tree (well, except
17 tests on smaller arches).
18
19 * Rumors that glusterfs needs a reboot after update.
20 No I dont know more either.
21
22 * Bug 672918: sys-apps/sandbox segfaults in sb_check_exec() for programs
23 compiled with sys-devel/clang-7.0.1, >=sys-libs/glibc-2.28, -fuse-ld=lld and
24 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu
25 I've tried multiple times to find someone who knows more here. All my pings
26 were essentially ignored, which is why I'm now assuming that clang
27 is unmaintained and unsupported. If breaking clang-7 is a problem, please
28 prove me otherwise; I'm not waiting anymore.
29
30 Cheers,
31 Andreas
34 PD Dr. Andreas K. Huettel
35 Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics
36 University of Regensburg
37 93040 Regensburg
38 Germany
39