From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile to KDE and GNOME
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:51:22
2009/10/24 Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>:
> If you have any comments, suggestions, important notices regarding this > change, please keep discussion in gentoo-desktop mailing list. >
What about people who like to install both gnome and kde on their systems? (Perhaps different users on the computer use different DEs) It probably won't be a problem in the short term (people can just select one profile and add the missing USE-flags to make.conf). But it /might/ get unwieldy in the future if more USE-flags and USE_EXPAND-ed variables make their way into the DE-specific profiles. Since multiple inheritance is not worth the work, I would suggest each project team maintain some minimal documentation in their doc space about the USE-flags and USE_EXPAND-ed variables enabled in each profile. -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile to KDE and GNOME "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>