From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No SCSI device
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:19:20
1 Gabriel Emerson wrote:
2
3 > I am enthusiastic about Gentoo... in theory :)
4 >
5 > Second try, this time on my primary system; a Pentium III/500 with an
6 > adaptec 2940 based
7 > scsi adapter. I log in as root, to run Fdisk, and find the only scsi
8 > devices are the
9 > scd?. No sd?. Is this a symptom of a devfs issue? Though the boot
10 > sequence whipped
11 > by pretty quickly I did see it detect my controller and all 4 drives (2
12 > IBM DDRS-39130, a
13 > yamaha 6/4/16 cd-writer, and a generic scsi cd).
16 Hmm, what release do you use, it seems like w need to add sd[a-][0-]
17 devices.
18 You can use mknod to create the missing ones manually. You should copy the
19 kernel from the bootdisk (/dev/ram0)
20 to your systems /boot/boot/bzImage (backup the old one) because
21 scsi-support is only availabe in modules and we
22 have no initrd that preloads modules.
23
24 Bye Achim
27 > --Gabriel
29 > gentoo-dev mailing list