From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stabilization commits and atomicity
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:21:18
1 On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 1:21 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I'd go so far to say allow people to do commits like:
4 >> """
5 >> amd64 stabilizations
6 >>
7 >> <optional list of bugs>
8 >> """
9 >> possibly pre-pending the rough domain like "kde", if any. I think kde
10 >> herd already does that, no?
11 >
12 > Sounds sane to me.
13
14 I think that standardizing how we comment on bulk-stabilization
15 commits makes more sense than making them less atomic. Not getting
16 half a KDE update is actually one of the nice selling features of git.
17 Plus, in the event of a disaster it also makes rollback easier.
18
19 But, by all means we should update the wiki to recommend the standard
20 way to document these changes.
23 Rich