From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] future restrictions to DISTDIR access from the ebuild env
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:06:25
1 On Thursday 25 August 2005 11:33 am, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:05:11PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Why not create that directory in the /var/tmp/portage/package/ directory.
4 > > It would also safeguard against packages using files that they did not
5 > > request. Maybe in the future a similar thing could be done for patches
6 > > (when ebuilds finally get to specify which files from the files dir they
7 > > use)
8 >
9 > using $PORTAGE_TMPDIR/portage/$CATEGORY/$P/distdir atm
10
11 seems logical to me ... that way you still have to just `rm -r` one dir
12
13 > Note the additional $CATEGORY dir; unless people scream, it's wise
14 > from where I'm sitting- it avoids potential $PORTAGE_BUILDDIR
15 > conflicts.
16 > Yes they're unlikely, but why allow for it?
17
18 well currently i override PORTAGE_TMPDIR for cross-compilers because i didnt
19 want collisions with native toolchains in the normal tmpdir ... so adding
20 CATEGORY makes sense i think
21 -mike
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list