From: foser <foser@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome GUI
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 05:06:56
1 Craig Callender wrote:
2 > I'm currently working on a Gnome Frontend for Portage (currently named
3 > GnoPortage *grin*). Working on it is still at the primitive level, I'm
4 > designing the interface right now and how it will get package info, etc...
5 >
6 > In order to minimize re-coding (I have all summer to do this, then I will
7 > be back in school, so I would prefer to only work on bugs and not
8 > features) I was curious where I could get some info about Portage 2. I
9 > figure we will be there soon, considering we are at 1.9.x something right
10 > now. Also, if there is a Gnome developer out there I would love to get
11 > their feedback on my GUI design to see if they like/dis-like it, or have
12 > suggestions. Thanks.
15 Hm reminds me of what i did a while ago, i made a basic portage tree
16 browser in Python. I put the latest incarnation here
17 http://sesmar.eu.org/genview/ if you want to have a look at it. Needs
18 libglade, PyGTK and gnome-python. It's basic, but i use it a lot for
19 just checking the tree and searching it. This particular version i never
20 put online btw, the others never had any extra root options. But those
21 aren't very usuable anyway.
22
23 Anyway, what's my point here ? ;) I wouldn't mind having a look at your
24 GUI and maybe even help out a bit in coding it.
25
26 - fos