From: Vano D <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Simple batch install script
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:22:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have written a simple automatic install script for myself and thought
4 someone else might find it usefull so here it goes.
5
6 The way to use it is to modify the variables at the beginning of the
7 script file (there are comments don't get scared already) to suit your
8 needs. Then grab a stage3 file, a portage snapshot, and ideally the bz2
9 packages listed in the file, if not it will emerge them anyway but will
10 obviously take longer. A copy of a kernel and modules also can be used
11 if you have one available. If not you can modify the script (it says how
12 inside the comments) so that it will use genkern to create a kernel and
13 modules.
14
15 The script doesnt do any fdisking as I did not need this. Nor does it
16 do any grubbing, although it installs grub and informs the user about
17 it.
18
19 Once you configure the options at the top of the script and if you have
20 all the required/optional files, the whole installation takes 5 mins.
21
22 Hope someone else finds this usefull.
23 --
24 Vano D <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com>

install.sh text/x-sh