From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing barely used global flags
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:55:23
1 On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:41:03 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We seem to have a lot of global flags that are used only by a few
5 > packages. How about moving them to local flags? List of flags with
6 > less than 5 packages using them, ordered by use count, follows. Where
7 > applicable, local flag descriptions are listed.
8
9 I'm mostly in favour. Only a handful in the '3 uses' category strike
10 me as useful because they seem likely to be used by other packages in
11 future. ( matroska )
12
13 It would also be curious to see this list reorganised by
14
15 cat/pn useflag(arity)
16
17 Particularly because it seems a lot of those global useflags have php
18 as their primary offender.