From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fixing LICENSE issues without reporting bugs
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:50:18
1 On 2012.11.25 14:42, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Roy Bamford
3 > <neddyseagoon@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > From the point of view of the licencor, the licence is just as
6 > > important as the code, so there are no trivial licence issues.
7 > > As a trustee, I am unhappy with losing the traceability at all.
8 > > Other trustees may have different opinions.
9 >
10 > Not this one. License issues can vary in severity, and there may be
11 > nuances that an outsider might not appreciate.
12 >
13 [snip]
14 >
15 > Rich
19 Rich,
20
21 That's my point - something serious may slip by without a bug.
24 Regards,
25
26 Roy Bamford
27 (Neddyseagoon) a member of