From: Juergen Ilse <juergen@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problems compiling x11-libs/buffy
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:16:28
1 Hello,
2
3 i noticed a problem building x11-libs/buffy/buffy-0.2. It seems so, that
4 this package includes files "libtool" and "ltmain.sh" from libtool version
5 1.2f. I had version 1.4.1-r1 installed on my system and this package didn't
6 compile. I tried different things to solve the problem, at last, i deleted
7 these files and did a "make" in /var/tmp/portage/buffy-0.2/, and that seems
8 to work ...
9 Then, i modified x11-libs/buffy/buffy-0.2.ebuild, so that /usr/bin/libtool
10 and /usr/share/libtool/ltmain-sh will be copied in that directory. That
11 solved the problem for me (i.e. "emerge x11-libs/buffy" worked).
12
13 What is the right way to deal with it? Should we copy these 2 files to
14 the build-directory if they exist (seems to me like a dirty hack)?
15 Or should we delete these two files from the build-directory (would
16 that work?)? How should we solve this problem?
17
18 ciao,
19 Juergen Ilse (ilse@××××××.de)
20 --
21 Wenn ich auch nur aus jedem 1000. Bug in einem M$ Produkt|Juergen Ilse
22 einen Tag trauern wollte, also da muesste ich 300 Jahre |Internet POP Hannover
23 alt werden und wuerde mehrere Dutzend schwarze Anzuege |Vahrenwalder Str. 205
24 aufbrauchen. (Detlef Bosau in dcoulm) |30165 Hannover