From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 09:27:53
1 On 3/3/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I asked for this approach back when the handbook was first created. It
3 > was rejected by the docs team for being "too complicated to maintain".
4 > Following Sven's (I think...) suggestion, I instead ported the quick
5 > install guide (which is one page, and doesn't go off on lots of
6 > weird tangents) to the archs upon which I was working at the time.
7
8 Yes, that was my request and I was told that this was the plan of
9 attack, but the end result looked nothing like this.
10
11 Just to be clear, I think the *official* documentation should be
12 simple, with a linear path and non-intrusive links for non-standard
13 stuff, and should fit on a single (Web) page.
14
15 I don't think that a quick install guide solves the problem. (I know
16 *you're* not saying it does, just pointing it out...) The official
17 documentation should be incredibly efficient to use, eliminating the
18 need for a quick install guide.
19
20 -Daniel
21 --