From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Major changes to the Gnome2 Eclasses
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:26:52
1 On Friday 14 March 2008 12:14:39 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > David Leverton kirjoitti:
3 > > Maybe worth adding a dummy to the current version of the eclass so that
4 > > ebuilds can be updated now, instead of suddenly all at once as soon as
5 > > the new eclass is committed?
6 >
7 > And break a bunch of ebuilds to stable users. No thanks.
8
9 Hmm? I don't see how this would break anything... unless you mean that
10 exporting the dummy function would overwrite one that actually does something
11 important, but that's easily worked around by not exporting it until the
12 ebuilds are fixed, as far as I can tell. In any case, not doing anything
13 until the new eclass is committed is going to break ebuilds until they're
14 updated to call the new function, whether stable or ~arch.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list