From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] overlays.gentoo.org restoration & post-mortem
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 13:04:55
1 On 01/18/2014 12:59 PM, Alex Legler wrote:
2 > On 18.01.2014 06:23, Kent Fredric wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 18 January 2014 18:02, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o
5 >> <mailto:robbat2@g.o>> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> - More people need to use the infra-status page to learn about the state
8 >> of Gentoo services.
12 >> A service middle layer like fastly or cloudflare which could link to the
13 >> infra page would be good here perhaps, so when an outage occurred ( at
14 >> least on the web side ) appropriate links to infra could be given.
15 >>
16 >> And the infra status page is not exactly obvious. Its not listed on the
17 >> "gentoo sites" list on the top right, and perhaps it aught to be.
20 > Ironically, the only site that was already using the Tyrian theme (i.e.
21 > the one with a top-right menu) was infra-status.
22 > Now with overlays using the new theme too, I've updated the list.
23 >
24 > (NB: During the outage, I added a link to the site from the g.o frontpage.)
27 I haven't noticed there was a http://overlays.gentoo.org webpage.
28 Looks awesome :)
29
30 Thank you for the post-mortem analysis and for restoring the data
33 Regards,
34 Markos Chandras