From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Several questions the third
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:47:54
1 On Monday 13 August 2001 21:03, you wrote:
2 > Several questions the third:
3 >
4 > 1) Is there an ebuild for an c++ ide for X11 or KDE???
5 Yes, there's kdevelop under dev-util. That's a powerful c++ x11/qt/kde ide.
6 Agreedly dev-util isn't the best category, but there seems to be no better
7 solution.
10 > 2) I'm missing funny stuff like kdegames or kdetoys. ;-)
11 For some reason these were left out when introducing kde-2.1.1. I dn't know
12 why, I wasn't here then. Anyway tomorrow (or is it the day after?)
13 kde-2.2final comes out and this time I'll make sure all modules make it in.
14 So just wait 2-3 days ;-)
17 > 3) Can I use ALSA without devfs?
18 Yes, as long as you can use your system without devfs. A lot of packages and
19 programs have devfs-reliant defaults. Anyway for ALSA all you need is to
20 create the devices needed, and make sure not to access them when your ALSA
21 modules aren't loaded.
24 HTH
29 Dan Armak
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team