From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Perl 5.8.0 upgrade and access violations
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:52:39
1 OK, maybe a slight recant. The problem arises when sandbox is enabled -
2 not exactly the same thing as it being sanboxes problem. Taking a look
3 at the Ext*/Install.pm, there are some differences between how perl
4 5.6.1 and 5.8.0 install a module - different methods for touching and
5 creating directories/files, and it looks like that could be why sandbox
6 is throwing a fit. May need better brains than mine to look at this
7 further, but I'll keep looking anyway ;)
8