From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing D into the tree
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:15:23
1 On 09/03/07, Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o> wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > I forgot to add that the dev-lang/dmd-bin ebuild might also require
4 > the special DMD license to be included in the tree. I'm attaching a
5 > copy of the license. I'm not much of a legal person, but it seems
6 > like this license is different from "as-is" and also prohibits
7 > redistribution which means we would need RESTRICT="nomirror".
8
9 I think the key words in the license from our perspective are:
10
11 "The Software is copyrighted and comes with a single user license,
12 and may not be redistributed. If you wish to obtain a redistribution
13 license, please contact Digital Mars."
14
15 Would it be worth contacting Digital Mars?
16 -- Alex
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list