From: phoenix@gentoo.org (phoen][x)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IPV6 enabled ppp
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:40:44
1 Hey devs,
2
3 i enabled inet6 support in ppp-2.4.1-r11. It merged fine on
4 sasquachs boxes (stage1 install with USE="ipv6") but that doesnt
5 mean anything. I dont have an ipv6 enabled gentoo around and
6 i dont know a dev who has one either, so i want to ask you if
7 you could test this new ppp package for me.
8
9 In order to test it, you have to perform the following steps:
10 1) "emerge rsync"
11 2) edit /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask with your favourite
12 editor (emacs of course :))
13 3) look for these lines and delete them:
14 # <phoenix@g.o> (28 Aug 2002)
15 # masked new ppp release for testing
16 =net-dialup/ppp-2.4.1-r11
17 4) "emerge ppp"
18
19 Testing means that you should not only try to merge the package,
20 but it means that you have to use it to see if it works flawlessy
21 (And thats pretty much my problem, because this would require a
22 gentoo which has been installed with ipv6 in USE).
23
24 Questions - ask them here.
25
26 -phoen][x-