From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:31:48
1 On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:17:33 +0000 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 17:02 -0500, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
4 | > That would work for fetch restricted packages, not nomirrored ones.
5 |
6 | /me nods. That's what we'll have to do. Unfortunately, it leaves
7 | users with a worse experience than before, but until I can find a way
8 | to reach the QA team and help them see my pov as the package
9 | maintainer, what else can I do? :(
10
11 It leaves them without a weird Portage error message, and it removes
12 the assumption that the user will study a particular document in great
13 detail.
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm