From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: an eclass to handle optional runtime depends
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:47:07
1 On 8/2/11 11:18 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >> I think I prefer the second option (copying from Exherbo). A better
3 >> integration with the package manager than USE flags should result in a
4 >> better user experience.
5 >
6 > Are you willing to update and EAPI-bump all the eclasses? May I remind
7 > you that most of them don't even go beyond EAPI 0?
8
9 Why all of them? We don't necessarily need this now, I can wait.
10
11 By the way, maybe that's a good point to just do a postinst-based
12 implementation for now, that would just check whether the
13 recommended/suggested packages are installed.