From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 07:38:20
1 On Wednesday 05 March 2008 17:11:58 Anant Narayanan wrote:
2 > If it's not too late for this month's meeting, I'd like to discuss the
3 > possibility of including a new "post" in our developer base - the
4 > package maintainer.
5 >
6 > a) The requirements to become a package maintainer for Gentoo may be
7 > lesser than that of the full-fledged developer. This serves a couple
8 > of purposes:
9 > - Users might become more motivated to becoming a maintainer for
10 > Gentoo, since it would require less time and effort from their end
11 > - Might reduce the number of orphaned packages we have in the tree
12
13 Adding user repos to layman isn't good enough?
14 Plus, there's always sunrise.
15
16 Thanks
17