From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of bugs blocking gcc-4.8.3
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:02:39
1 On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > lu - hoping rust won't have such issues.
6 Funny - I first heard of this earlier this week. Biggest issue I see
7 with rust is that it seems like it has joined the
8 every-language-needs-its-own-package-manager club, and it seems to me
9 that it really encourages static linking. The build system doesn't
10 seem particularly distro-friendly, let alone source-based
11 distro-friendly.
12
13 However, I have only spent about an hour learning about rust, so I'm
14 certainly interested if others know better.
15
16 I really like the concept though. ADA has always been on my list of
17 things I'd love to spend time on someday, and Rust seems to be a more
18 modern take on the concept.
21 Rich