From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo x86 AT <x86@g.o>, Gentoo ppc AT <ppc@g.o>, Gentoo ia64 AT <ia64@g.o>, Gentoo alpha AT <alpha@g.o>, Gentoo sparc AT <sparc@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hey arch teams, we need your input!
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:04:26
1 On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Currently, a problem is that everybody uses different formatting
4 > for stabilization bug reports making them more difficult to be parsed.
7 For clarity, are we talking about parsing by a human brain, or parsing
8 by a computer program?
9
10 If the latter, would it make more sense to just break things out into
11 fields, instead of carefully building a structured text field which we
12 then have to carefully break back down? We might as well start
13 sticking xml in the summary.
14
15 If we're talking about human parsing, can you give an example of how
16 variation makes your life more difficult today? I'm just trying to
17 understand what we're trying to fix...
20 Rich