From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposal for consistency between {RUBY,PYTHON,PHP}_TARGETS
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:31:17
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Thinking out loud another round: _TARGETS is an interface by Gentoo,
3 > so maybe it would not be such a bad idea to use existing Gentoo
4 > identifiers there, ie. (a subset of?) PMS version specifications.
5
6 Including the package name. This would also make the UX change
7 smaller, but it would still require changes on the inside, because
8 I guess those atoms don't fit into USE flags.
9
10 To spell it out, the _TARGETS would need a little bit of separate
11 infrastructure, but not much, just enough to let them use actual
12 version specifiers, which would go through version comparison as
13 expected. (I.e. even if I have python-2.7.3-r2 installed I can still
14 say something like TARGETS="python-2.7".)
17 //Peter