From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repo/gentoo.git, or how committing is challenging
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:53:04
1 On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:12 AM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > Why does the official documentation point me at gkeys-gen, which doesn't
3 > work
4
5 The documentation you linked is a project page for the Gentoo-Keys
6 project. It represents one possible way to accomplish the goal of
7 generating a gpg key. It is not the only possible way to get the job
8 done.
9
10 The reference on acceptable keys is GLEP 63, which makes no mention of
11 gkeys. I would expect you to be able to operate gpg sufficiently well
12 to generate a key meeting the GLEP specification. If not, you can
13 always ask for help in a support channel.
16 > On a wiki that's horribly broken
17
18 Your definition of "broken" is rather skewed. You are using
19 non-standard browser addons which block CSS/javascript. It works
20 perfectly well without such addons.
21
22 Shouting loudly "this is broken" does not make it so.