From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 26 -- Handling kernels with portage
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 14:54:46
1 Patrick Börjesson wrote:
2 >>>I might be daft, or stupid, or mistaking identity (all have been known
3 >>>to happen often ;) ). But i believe if you look at:
4 >>>
5 >>>http://glis.sf.net (url might be bad, google for glis or something)
6 >>>
7 >>>you can find an existing working and viable gentoo installer made by
8 >>>Nathaniel.
9 >>
10 >>Unless I'm missing something, the last release from that project was over six
11 >>months ago (v0.1 final). The last commit into CVS was over two months ago.
12 >>The last update to the website was over six months ago. And Nathanial's last
13 >>contribution to the mailing lists was December 2003.
14 >>
15 >>And wasn't the Gentoo Installer supposed to be a replacement for GLIS anyhow?
18 > I might be mistaken, but didn't Nathaniel join in on developing the GLI
19 > instead of GLIS?
20
21 Yep, and he abandoned all of us over at GLIS... *sniff* :)
24 Andrew Gaffney
25 Network Administrator
26 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
27 636-357-1548