From: Brad Cowan <bcowan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Berlios-hosted SRC_URI components
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:09:32
1 On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 09:20 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Berlios have introduced a new Sourceforge-like download.php thing that
3 > requires that any download attempt include a magic key in the URL.
4 > Thus, Berlios can no longer be used inside SRC_URI.
5 >
6 > It gets worse. Even if you specify the magic key, Berlios seems to
7 > shove an extra random garbage byte onto the end of any tarball. This
8 > doesn't affect the output, since tar discards it, but it does screw up
9 > digests and gives weird errors when unpacking.
10 >
11 > It gets worse still. It looks like many our mirrors have broken copies
12 > of certain Berlios-hosted tarballs.
13 >
14 > Sooooo... AFAICS, the only way to proceed is, for each package hosted
15 > on Berlios, contact upstream and get them to give you a tarball via a
16 > different location, then manually mirror it, and use mirror://gentoo/
17 > in SRC_URI.
18 >
19 > This really really sucks. Does anyone happen to know any of the Berlios
20 > staff?
23 I noticed this yesterday when I finally found some free time to do
24 some bug squashing on Xfce. I kept getting the weird untar errors you
25 mentioned even after DL manually. I ended up getting extremely mad and
26 gave up (chalking it up to some weirdness I get with satellite internet
27 every once in a while). Now I have the dilema of either finding another
28 good mirror or upping ~90 tarballs to our mirrors. Will the auto mirror
29 fetching overwrite any bad tarballs on our mirrors once I find another
30 SRC_URI mirror if I go that route?
34 Brad Cowan <bcowan@g.o>
35 Developer,
36 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~bcowan
37
38 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB1F16A56
39 Key fingerprint = C408 75B9 E68D 26E2 EAAE 20CF 4D5E 293D B1F1 6A56
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list