From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] redistribute intel rpms
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:04:54
1 Hi,
2
3 We have a few fetch restricted Intel packages in the main tree (icc,
4 ifc, mkl, ipp, tbb). All except tbb are closed-source but free with
5 non-commercial licenses. Lately upstream has repackaged the icc and
6 ifort (ifc) as a big tar blob containing all of them, but also release
7 some of them separately. For various reasons we would like to keep
8 separate ebuilds. The problem is the separate packages have common
9 libraries, causing duplication and file collisions. So the idea was to
10 download the tar blob which contain a few binary rpms and base new
11 ebuilds on these rpms. This means we will have to re-distribute the
12 rpms on our mirrors. I can't understand from the many licenses if we
13 are allowed to do it, it surprisingly looks like we can do it.
14
15 Anyone with better understanding of the licences could help? Upstream
16 does not answer.
19 Sebastien