From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Doubts about need for "ewarn" when strip-linguas is used
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:47:00
1 I usually read messages in /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log to simply
2 warn me about "es es_ES" LINGUAS not being supported by that package.
3 That comes from eutils.eclass inside strip-linguas:
4 ewarn "Sorry, but ${PN} does not support the LINGUAS:" ${nols}
5
6 Is this warning really required, personally I know a lot of packages
7 that don't support spanish translations and I get no warning from them
8 (as they don't use strip-linguas). When I set LINGUAS variable in my
9 make.conf I assume a lot of packages won't support spanish translations,
10 and I see no point on being informed about that for some packages using
11 strip-linguas.
12
13 What do you think?