From: Gila <Gila@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wrong forum? pcmcia problems
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:53:19
1 On Friday 04 January 2002 02:41, you wrote:
2 maybe it's an idea to make a install procudere wich allows you to install
3 gentoo from a current linux distro e.g slack.. make partions ...enter
4 chrooted env.. en then install linux...
5
6 then you are able to config your own network and stuff like that en _THEN_
7 install gentoo...
11 > I'm getting "uresolved symbol" errors with pcmcia nics.
12 >
13 > "You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license and it
14 > has unresolved symbols. Contact the module supplier for assistance, only
15 > they can help you."
16 >
17 > Has anyone actually used a PCMCIA card to install gentoo?
18 > Were these modules compiled seperately from the kernel and thrown in
19 > (were they ever tested)?
20 >
21 > Sorry. This is my second failed attempt.
22 > I've got a Compaq Evo N600c with a nic that's not supported in 2.4.16
23 > (at least I can't figure out how). Looks like 2.4.17 has better eepro100
24 > support
25 > but looks like you guys are gelling with 2.4.16. :(
28 > gentoo-dev mailing list
29 > gentoo-dev@g.o