From: Christian Loitsch <gentoo-dev@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:46:55
1 > I do not have broadband access to the machine where I would like to install
2 > GENTOO, although I do have access elsewhere. Is it reasonable to attemp to
3 > download packages I would be interested in and put them on CD's to use on
4 > the subject machine? If so, how would I go about that? I am realatively
5 > new to Linux, but have 10+ years of Unix experience, so I can follow a
6 > general plan.
7 yes this should work
8
9 With the old FETCHCOMMAND syntax, the probably easiest way would have
10 been to replace it to:
11 FETCHCOMMAND="echo \${x} >> filesToDownload"
12
13 then start
14 emerge --fetchonly packagesFromInstallManual gnome mozilla whateverYouWant
15
16 the use this file with wget:
17 wget -i filesToDownload
18
19 and put all this files into /usr/portage/distfiles
20
21 this should work
22
23 Unfortunately I don't know the new syntax for FETCHCOMMAND.
24
25 if somebody could help here...
26
27 christian