From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gaim-0.75-r5 stable push
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:23:58
1 Don Seiler wrote:
2
3 > I was told by the gaim developers that the bug hits big-endian systems
4 > "harder" than x86 systems.
5 >
6 > So this doesn't mean that all big-endian systems WILL fail, so my
7 > absolute working earlier was incorrect.
8 >
9 > And a huzzah for sparc64.
10 >
11 > Don.
12
13 I've had reports of it locking up an Indy when logging into Yahoo. SGI
14 mips machines are big-endian, btw.
15
16 I also found this bug, and I wonder if the two are connected:
17
18 Bugzilla Bug 37919
19 net-im/gaim-0.75-r1 reports stack smashing attack when connecting to Yahoo
20
21 Maybe what we are seeing is a stack-smash attack taking out big-endian
22 machines? (well, most anyways).
25 --Kumba
28 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
29 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
30 elsewhere." --Elrond
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list