From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:46:01
1 On 06/27/10 17:04, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > Whilst I do understand that these arches are understaffed and they can't keep
4 > up with the increased stabilization load like x86/amd64 do, I still
5 > think that slow stabilization leads to an obsolete stable tree which I
6 > doesn't make sense to me after all.
7 >
8 > Thoughts?
11 I see two scenarios - either we get the "slow" arches enough cpu- and
12 manpower, or we remove their stable keywords.
13
14 If possible I think we should try to keep stable keywords. So how can we
15 help? I'm not sure how I could help e.g. PPC - I don't have any hardware
16 I can test on, and I'm not aware of remotely accessible dev boxen.
17
18 So - how can we improve this situation?