From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:46:01
On 06/27/10 17:04, Markos Chandras wrote:
> Whilst I do understand that these arches are understaffed and they can't keep > up with the increased stabilization load like x86/amd64 do, I still > think that slow stabilization leads to an obsolete stable tree which I > doesn't make sense to me after all. > > Thoughts? >
I see two scenarios - either we get the "slow" arches enough cpu- and manpower, or we remove their stable keywords. If possible I think we should try to keep stable keywords. So how can we help? I'm not sure how I could help e.g. PPC - I don't have any hardware I can test on, and I'm not aware of remotely accessible dev boxen. So - how can we improve this situation?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>