From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-council@l.g.o, pms-bugs@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-council] pkg_pretend USE validation and VALID_USE alternative
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:48:56
1 >>>>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > Roughly, VALID_USE is a list of constraints stating what the allowed
4 > use flag combinations are for this pkg. If you think of normal
5 > depdencies (I must have openssl and python merged prior), it's the
6 > same machinery.
7
8 Maybe we should first discuss if we want to drop the following
9 rule [1] which your proposal seems to contradict:
10
11 | Occasionally, ebuilds will have conflicting USE flags for
12 | functionality. Checking for them and returning an error is not a
13 | viable solution. Instead, you must pick one of the USE flags in
14 | conflict to favour.
15
16 Ulrich
17