From: Damien Levac <damien.levac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new category: games-adventure/
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:36:54
1 As a user, I have always wondered what was the rational for the current
2 game categories and thought it should splitted in a more standard way.
3 What immediately comes to mind as a "decent" way to split games is the
4 wikipedia page for video game genres:
5
6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_genres
7
8 That would make 7 categories and the game description could include the
9 subcategory if necessary.
10 If a subcategory grows too large, it could justify making it its own
11 category.
12
13 Then, the maintainers only needs to follow the description of each genre
14 to place the game in the appropriate category.
15
16 But this is just a suggestion, the games-adventure category makes sense
17 by itself IMHO.
18
19 Damien
20