From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout-2 progress?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:50:13
1 Roy Marples schrieb:
2 > On Friday 29 February 2008 16:15:51 Ed W wrote:
3 >
4 >> On the other hand since there still isn't a masked ebuild in portage
5 >> (and I seem some notes on my on Roy's site) then I have to assume that
6 >> in fact we are still a good way away from calling it a replacement and
7 >> starting to push it out to users?
10 > It's actually been very stable and usable for a long time. It's not, and never
11 > will be a 100% drop in replacement for everything baselayout provides, but
12 > it's very very compatible.
13 What about the timezone?
14 Baselayout had a setting for the timezone in /etc/conf.d/clock.
15 baselayout-2.0.0
16 + openrc doesn't seem to have that. Not needed?
17
18 Bernd
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list