From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:26:02
1 On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:46:34PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
2
3 > Also, it really isn't Gentoo-specific, but putting /etc in a git repo
4 > is a really good practice, and I'm wondering if it should go in the
5 > handbook as a result.
6
7 For regular users, who won't be up to developer standards, maybe the
8 wording should be a more generic "make a backup copy of" /etc. I also
9 recommend backing up /var/lib, which contains iptables rules, alsa
10 state, portage "world", and other goodies.
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications