From: Jay Goodman Tamboli <jay@×××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] reformatting a patch -- first ebuild
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:06:20
1 I'm trying to create an ebuild for streamripper that includes the HTTP
2 authentication patch from
3 <http://radsoft.com/~cdb/pub/streamripper-httpauth.patch>. To get it to
4 build, I had to download the patch, edit it to change "old" to "work.orig"
5 and "new" to "work", bzip2 it, and put a fake url for it (with a .bz2 on the
6 end) in the ebuild. What's the best way to make this a usable ebuild? Put
7 the fixed patch on my server? Post it somewhere else? Put a bunch of sed
8 and shell commands in the ebuild so it can be pulled from the author's
9 location? Then, after it works, do I post the ebuild to bugs.gentoo.org?
10 Thanks,
11
12 /jgt
13 --
14 I once thought I was dating an 80 year old man on-line. Turned out just to be
15 some damn 17 year old high school girl, trying to oppress me with her wanna-be
16 elderly inclinations. -- Ash Wise, on uiuc.test