From: mscardovi@××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Missing <name> inside metadata.xmls
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 21:05:42
1 Hi everyone!
2
3 Today I’ve made a simple try to see how many packages miss the <name></name> pattern inside metadata.xml and the result was rather unexpected. Without counting the category/metadata.xml and maintainer-needed there are 1060 metadata.xml that does not contain it.
4 You can easily verify that using the following command: egrep -RiL “<name>|<!-- maintainer-needed -->” ./*/*/metadata.xml
5 I know it’s not actually imperative to add it but actually strongly suggested to maintain things consistent. What do you think about that? Is something You find important to stick?
6
7 Best regards,
8
9 Marco Scardovi (scardracs)