From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item: upgrading to postfix-2.9
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:45:02
1 On 07/17/2012 01:34 PM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 > Imho, no need a news for it.
3 > emerge -DuN world;revdep-rebuild;dispatch-conf is what you normally do.
4
5 Well, the sysadmin runs dispatch-conf, a new daemon_directory setting
6 comes up and he goes WTF? I am trying to avoid that WTF moment.
7
8 There was a few complaints in gentoo-user ML and a bug report when it
9 was introduced to ~arch. It seems people do not pay too much attention
10 to ewarn messages.
11
12 Having said that, I am not sure if it is really news-item material. If
13 the general consensus is that a news item is not needed, I will follow
14 along.
17 Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>