From: Chris Black <cdb@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PROPOSAL] Menu system for all gentoo wm's.
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:05:53
1 On Thu, 29 May 2003 23:17:56 +0100
2 Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 29 May 2003 19:08, Svyatogor wrote:
5 > > I have recently been thinking on implementing the menu system for
6 > > gentoo, something like what we have in mandrake (I guess it came from
7 > > debian).
8 >
9 > Please...no. I absolutely hated the Mandrake integrated menu. I use
10 > KDE and am content with its menuing.
11 >
12 > Peter
13
14 If you use the menu system from Debian it is completely optional on the user end. All it requires is menu files be included for each program that would require one. So if you don't actually emerge menu you won't ever see them.
15
16 --Chris
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list