From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] svgalib
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:23:27
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 10:09:18PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > Pete Gavin wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > Hi,
7 > > >
8 > > > I just added svgalib-1.4.2 to dev-libs. Looks like it compiles fine,
9 > > > but I dont have any programs to test it w/ just yet.
10 > > >
11 > >
12 > > svgalib was a missing link. :-)
13 > > I'm currently reworking media-libs over here. Don't you think that is
14 > > the place for svgalib?
15 >
16 > I don't really think so... svgalib doesn't handle any kind of media
17 > format or anything like that. It just lets you use the graphics modes
18 > allowed by your video card. There's a lot of stuff you can use svgalib
19 > for, not just games. I think maybe we could make a new category, like
20 > gfx-libs, for stuff like svgalib, ggi, mesa3d, etc.
23 Yes that is a good idea but we wait till we have released rc4. After that
24 sys-* categories can
25 be removed too.
26
27 achim