From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New category: net-servers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:27:37
1 >>>>> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021, Jonas Stein wrote:
2
3 >> I've been packaging some Gemini protocol servers and clients in ::guru
4 >> overlay, and they all go to net-misc category. I think it would be
5 >> better to split browsers and servers for non-www protocols (like Finger,
6 >> Ident, Gemini and Gopher) into separate categories.
7
8 > all servers without www servers means, we should move
9 > ssh, imap, pop, mysql... there too
10
11 I tend to disagree. Anything specific should stay in its category, e.g.
12 FTP servers in net-ftp, IRC servers in net-irc.
13
14 > I think we need a more precise definition if we do not want this.
15
16 I wonder if "servers" is a good category, in the first place. A server
17 can be for anything.
18
19 Ulrich