From: Dave Bresson <david.bresson@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] module dependency issues with new kernel
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:19:10
1 On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Pete Gavin wrote:
4 > No, the problem is probably that /boot wasn't mounted before you
5 > merged the new package. This is exactly what happened to me when I
6 > merged it w/o having /boot mounted. Just mv /boot/boot/bzImage
7 > somewhere safe, then mount boot, then mv bzImage /boot/boot. Then
8 > reboot.
12 Do you mean to say that i should mount /boot before i merge a kernel
13 source package from portage? This makes sense to me if i was merging a
14 precompiled package or something, but i'm not sure as to why you would do
15 this just for the source. When you merge source, it shouldn't need to
16 look at /boot should it?
19 thanks,
22 dave