From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtualbox packages will get its hardened support removed within one week.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 23:20:49
1 Hello all,
2
3 due to some really ugly circumstances I will remove hardened support
4 and all hardened related patches from virtualbox packages within one
5 week unless some Gentoo dev steps up and starts maintaining the
6 hardended support in those virtualbox packages.
7 I never used hardened myself and do not have the intention to do so
8 just for a single group of packages I maintain.
9 It turns out that the hardened patches for virtualbox packages tend to
10 break every other new virtualbox release and I don't think it's fair
11 for our hardened users to pretend those packages work on a hardened
12 environment when they in fact more often do not.
13
14 I know this might upset a couple of devs and users but I have to draw a
15 line somewhere and I decided I draw it here.
16
17 Lars
20 Lars Wendler
21 Gentoo package maintainer
22 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39
23
24 Attention! New gpg key! See
25 https://www.gentoofan.org/blog/index.php?/archives/9-New-gpg-keys.html