From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtualbox packages will get its hardened support removed within one week.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 23:20:49
Hello all,

due to some really ugly circumstances I will remove hardened support
and all hardened related patches from virtualbox packages within one
week unless some Gentoo dev steps up and starts maintaining the
hardended support in those virtualbox packages.
I never used hardened myself and do not have the intention to do so
just for a single group of packages I maintain.
It turns out that the hardened patches for virtualbox packages tend to
break every other new virtualbox release and I don't think it's fair
for our hardened users to pretend those packages work on a hardened
environment when they in fact more often do not.

I know this might upset a couple of devs and users but I have to draw a
line somewhere and I decided I draw it here.

Lars

--
Lars Wendler
Gentoo package maintainer