From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: olemarkus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using use.stable.mask
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:27:21
1 Dnia 2013-08-22, o godz. 21:08:52
2 Ole Markus With <olemarkus@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > However, now the time has come for php5.5 to be stabilised, and all is
5 > working great except that I cannot remove php_targets_php5-5 from
6 > use.stable.mask until all arches have stabilised php. For those arches
7 > with stable php5.5, confusion arise when they see that they cannot
8 > enable php5.5 for any ebuilds without first adding them to ~arch.
9 > [snip]
10 >
11 > Does anyone have any idea how to handle this issue?
12
13 I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but wouldn't it be enough to
14 move the stable.masks to arch profiles? Then each arch could remove it
15 whenever ready.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny