From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:01:19
On 09/15/2011 10:33, Joost Roeleveld wrote:

> Hi Devs, > > Not sure if you are aware of the discussions on the gentoo-user list about the > upcoming change where systemd and udev require /usr to be available prior to > starting of udev.
What is systemd again? Yes, some of us live in a tiny box filled with non-x86 hardware, and don't always get out to see the Daystar. Is it an init replacement? If so....why? Or to quote an Admiral from Hunt for the Red October: Admiral Josh Painter: This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -- Joshua Kinard Gentoo/MIPS kumba@g.o 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between." --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>