From: Grant Goodyear <goodyea@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kernel patch
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:06:17
1 > I'm working on a new Gentoo kernel patch (O(1), ac3 (rmap and so on),
2 > preempt, +++), but XFS and ac3 collides badly. In fs/buffer.c, XFS wants
3 > to change the tryagain variable, which ac3 has removed (it has made the
4 > whole function a void, where it would return tryagain before). Now I'm
5 > wondering: have any of you got a clue what to do? I'd really like to use
6 > the ac patch, but we need XFS, right? If we are to drop ac, we need to
7 > either use 2.4.19-preX, or backport some fixes...
8
9 I know that Daniel has been working on using -ac as our new kernel
10 base, so he might well have a good advice for you. You might also
11 want to e-mail AC and ask. It can't hurt!
12
13 -g2boojum-
14
15 PS. Welcome back!
16 --
18 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
19 | Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero. |
20 | Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one. |
21 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
22 |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
23 |www:http://g2.ces.clemson.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
24 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |